The diverse and complex nature of industrial IoT and operational technology security use cases make the technology selection difficult. Security and risk management leaders must ask these seven prescriptive questions to improve the process.
- Question No. 1: Is the Solution Vendor-Agnostic?
- Question No. 2: Does the Solution Provide Asset Discovery to Enable Operational Continuity and System Integrity?
- Question No. 3: Does the Solution Detect and Alert on Known Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures?
- Question No. 4: Can the Solution Evolve From Mirror Mode to In-Line Security?
- Question No. 5: Does Your Solution Provide IT Support in Addition to OT?
- Question No. 6: Does Your Solution Support Secure IT/OT Alignment?
- Question No. 7: Is the Solution Designed to Live in an OT Environment From a Hardware or Operating Environment Perspective?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.