Cloud Computing Primer for 2018
Published: 16 January 2018
Cloud is evolving from a market disruptor to an expected approach for traditional and next-generation IT. Our research offers actionable advice for IT leaders, CIOs and technical professionals as cloud becomes a required foundation to exploit current and future disruptions.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How should enterprises exploit cloud computing?
- How will architectures and techniques evolve to support the many flavors of cloud computing?
- How will cloud computing evolve?
- Which vendors, markets and industries will be transformed by cloud computing?
- How can organizations best leverage the disruptive effects that cloud computing creates?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.