Fast-evolving work patterns are forcing application leaders — along with HR and business executives — to develop competencies in understanding and exploiting future of work trends, allowing them to better align technology strategies with the overall employee experience.
- Make Workforce Digital Dexterity a Strategic Business Initiative to Maximize Competitive Advantage
- 1. The Pace of Technology Adoption Accelerates
- 2. Digital Dexterity Is Closely Measured
- 3. Learning Is Continuous and Personal
- 4. HR and IT Closely Coordinate Actions
- Help Deliver AI in the Workplace and Proactively Work With Other Teams to Optimize Results
- 5. Robobosses Become Common
- 6. Physical Workplaces Become Smart
- 7. VPAs Are Common Work Partners
- 8. Jobs and Duties Are Continuously Changed, Created and Eliminated
- Develop Technology Strategies That Anticipate Work Sourcing and Work Teaming Becoming Increasingly Granular and Temporary
- 9. Employees Get Work on Employment Marketplaces
- 10. Jobs Get Deconstructed, and Workers Have Portfolios
- 11. Employees Have Their Own Tools and Workspaces
- 12. Work Is Done Through Networks
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.