Several communications service providers have revealed their 5G commercial schedule but there could be technical variations. Generic 5G marketing may obscure the diversity. Gartner helps CSPs' technology business unit leaders develop compelling 5G technology strategy including naming and marketing.
- The First Significant Competition of 5G Commercialization Has Begun
- Technology Trend
- The Direction of 5G Standardization Has Been Fixed, but There Are Still Pros and Cons
- Multiple 5G Technical Variations Will Confuse the Market
- Market Structure Trend
- 5G Marketing War Will Be the Most Stringent Compared to That of Its Predecessors
- Regulation Could Influence 5G Marketing Strategy
- Present a Suitable, Contrasting Name to the New 5G Service
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.