To gain stakeholder interest and engagement in the value proposition of EA, enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders can use a three-act structure of storytelling.
- Look to Storytelling When Your Approach to Communications and Promotion Isn't Working
- Audience Challenge 1: Too Much Jargon
- Audience Challenge 2: Too Much Distraction
- Audience Challenge 3: Too Little Communications Expertise
- Use a Three-Act Structure to Convey How EA Can Make Decision-Making Processes Smarter
- Act 1: Establish a Setting — Match a Future Vision to Opportunities on Offer
- Act 2: Introduce Tension — Make the Consumer of EA Advice the Hero of the Story
- Act 3: Achieve Resolution for the Organization and Establish a New Normal — Help Heroes Visualize the Path to the Future
- Case Study: A Manufacturer Tells a Story About EA in Digital Innovation Planning
- Relieve Stressors and Challenges With a Three-Act Story
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.