Accelerating Digitalization in Manufacturing Industries Primer for 2018
Published: 01 February 2018
Advances in AI, analytics, IoT and 3D printing are transforming the business of manufacturing industries. This research will help CIOs drive the acceleration of new processes, technologies and ecosystems to improve organizational flexibility and agility in an era of digital business.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- What common platforms, trends and strategic technologies are driving the manufacturing industry?
- What concepts and methods from other industries can be transferred and applied to the manufacturing industry?
- How can I deliver winning products and portfolios with product life cycle management?
- How can I drive growth with sales and marketing technologies in consumer goods?
- What innovations are impacting the automotive industry and smart mobility?
- What are the additive manufacturing opportunities and use cases?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.