Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Management Primer for 2018
Published: 01 February 2018
Sourcing, procurement and supplier management must be transformed as digital business and global demand push the profession. Gartner's 2018 research offers supply chain leaders proven strategies for sustainable cost optimization, talent development, mitigating risks, collaboration and innovation.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- What is the best way to improve my sourcing and procurement maturity and create an organization that helps me drive value within the supply chain?
- What are the best practices in sourcing and supplier management operations and performance?
- What are the best practices for identifying, balancing and mitigating risk across my supply base?
- What are the emerging trends and innovations in sourcing and supplier management across new digital business models, operations and technologies?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.