Security Operations and Vulnerability Management Primer for 2018
Published: 01 February 2018
Security operations and vulnerability management are key elements of any effective security program. Gartner's 2018 research will guide security and risk management leaders as they investigate threats and detect and respond to incidents and attacks in their IT environments.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- What are the most effective technologies and practices to identify and analyze security events of interest?
- Who are the leading providers of security monitoring technologies and services?
- Which best practices and emerging technologies can be used to orchestrate operational security tasks?
- How can vulnerability management help to defend against advanced threats?
- What are the most effective technologies available in the market to assess and remediate vulnerabilities?
- How can threat intelligence be used effectively and more strategically?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.