Technology product marketing leaders must be more disciplined in addressing their clients' IoT proof-of-concept implementations to efficiently convert market opportunity.
- Market Growth Is Creating Huge Demand for Increasingly Complex IoT POCs
- Providers Often Struggle to Cope With IoT POC Demands
- Providers Need a New Approach to IoT POC Engagement
- Be More Selective About Your Target Verticals
- Do Your Due Diligence on the Client
- Ensure Continued Alignment Between Business Process Transformation and IT/Technology Integration
- Build the POC in as an Explicit Part of the Full IoT Implementation Project
- No More Free POCs
- Providers Must Streamline the Whole IoT POC Engagement Process
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.