Master data management programs are vital to digital business success, but can easily derail without a clear strategy linked to business or mission priorities. Gartner's seven building blocks enable data and analytics leaders to focus MDM on maximizing business benefits.
- Align the MDM Program With Your Organization's Business Vision — The Vision and Strategy Blocks
- The MDM Vision
- The MDM Strategy
- Focus Your MDM Program on Stakeholders' Crucial Business Metrics — The Metrics Block
- Avoid MDM Failure by Establishing Information Governance — The Governance Block
- Get Ready for Changes in Business Organization and Roles — The People Block
- Map Out Your MDM Destination by Creating a "Future State" Data Life Cycle — The Process Block
- Build Your MDM Program on the Right Technology Infrastructure — The Infrastructure Block
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.