Brazilian CIOs have long been pushed to do more with less. Years of restraint slowed the advance of IT in the country but digital transformation has now become a business imperative. Extreme creativity, with equally extreme focus and discipline, are the biggest challenges for CIOs in Brazil in 2018.
- Brazil Approach to Analysis
- Brazil Scenario
- Finding No. 1. Digital Advances Are Slow, and Brazil's Competitiveness Is Challenged
- Finding No. 2. Plans for Emerging Technologies Show Strong Alignment With Other Regions
- Finding No. 3. There Is Modest Growth in IT Budgets in Brazil, but They Are Still Far Behind Other Regions
- Finding No. 4. The IT Organization Must Transform Itself to Orchestrate Business Transformation
- Finding No. 5. Brazilian CIOs Must Put People, Talent and Skills at the Core of Digital Transformation
- Finding No. 6. Brazilian CIOs Are Well Aware That Their Job Will Significantly Change
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.