Digitalization is well underway but confusion about ambition, limitations in investment and leadership cultural challenges put transformation efforts at risk. CIOs must secure stronger roles in leading digitalization efforts to overcome these barriers.
- The CIO Role Is Changing — Summary of 2018 Gartner CIO Survey
- The Oil and Gas Industry Perspective
- Digital Transformation in Oil and Gas Is Well Underway
- Digitalization Feels Only Slightly Behind Other Industries, but Scope and Investment Limitations Reveal a Substantial Gap
- Urgent Need to Strengthen CIO Responsibility for Digital Leadership
- Evolve the CIO Role to Scale the Barriers
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.