This research compilation provides CIOs with a global perspective on our analysis of responses to the 2018 Gartner CIO Survey. We compare and contrast different geographic regions, enabling CIOs to better understand the global landscape and their relative position within it.
- Growth Dominates the Agenda
- As Enterprises Emerge From the Global Financial Crisis and Embrace Digital Business Transformation, the Nature of the CIO Job Is Being Reshaped
- Security Threats Will Continue to Increase
- Adoption of Disruptive Technologies Is Accelerating
- CIOs Anticipate Digital Scaling
- It Is Time to Define the New Job of the CIO
- Leading Like a Business Executive
- Embracing Growth and Digital Transformation
- Mastering Change
- The New Job of the CIO Must Now Be Lived
- Revitalizing Digital Teams
- Building Bench Strength
- Rebalancing the Technology Portfolio
- Digital Urgency: An Industry-Specific Digital Business Benchmark
- Deep-Dive Into Geographies and Sectors
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.