The digital era demands new metrics to measure progress against business objectives. Healthcare provider CIOs can leverage digital KPIs to bridge the gap between traditional business performance KPIs and digital business optimization, transformation and consumer engagement efforts.
- Current KPIs Are Not Sufficient for Managing Business Performance in the Digital Era
- Business Optimization and Transformation Metrics Needed
- The CIO Role in Leading Digital Transformation
- Institute, Manage and Report on Separate Digital KPI Measurements for Business Optimization and Business Transformation
- Add Outside-In Performance Metrics to Your Business Optimization KPIs
- Adopt and Execute on at Least One Business Transformation KPI
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.