There's an array of DBMS services available from AWS aimed at different sets of use cases, but with capabilities that often overlap. This research will help data and analytics leaders looking to strategize and plan their data management options to select the optimal AWS database offering.
- Choose an AWS Database Service for an Operational Use Case, Based on Existing Expertise and the Need for Variable Workloads or Data
- Amazon RDS Services
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Choose an AWS Database Service for an Analytic Use Case, Based on Use Case and Expected Predictability of Workload
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon EMR
- Amazon Neptune
- Use AWS Supporting Services to Optimize Your DBMS Implementation
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Database Movement Services
- AWS Glue
- Use Serverless Options to Reduce Costs When Your Use Case Allows
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.