Rising cryptocurrency value has created demand for specialist mining hardware, but risks remain due to market volatility. Technology strategic planners in mining equipment companies selecting semiconductor technologies can mitigate risks while transitioning to potential AI and blockchain markets.
- The Market for Cryptocurrency Mining Equipment Will Dwindle Over the Next Few Years
- The Declining Value of a Million Bitcoin Machines
- Poor Secondhand Bitcoin Mining Equipment Market
- Transaction Verification Market Will Grow With the Wider Adoption of Blockchain Platforms by Enterprises
- Develop Business Relationships With Bitcoin Miners in Migrating Over to AI and Other Blockchain Platforms
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and the Rush for Bitcoin Mining
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.