IGA systems are aging poorly as deployments struggle to meet new digital business demands. Technical professionals responsible for IAM must rethink their IGA architecture and adopt next-generation technologies that support cloud, mobile, DevOps, AI, analytics and cybersecurity initiatives.
- Identity Then: A Historical View
- Identity Now: IGA Use Cases in the Digital Business
- Ever-Expanding Managed Identity Environment
- Use-Case Sophistication
- Shifting Business Drivers: Security Gains Steam
- IGA for the Masses
- Technology Megatrends and Innovations
- Architecture Modernization
- Analytics and Machine Learning
- Adaptive Security and Risk Management
- Privileged Access Management Integration
- Data Access Governance Integration
- Robotic Process Automation Integration
- Enterprise Mobile Management Integration
- DevOps Enablement
- Embrace Open, Service-Based Architecture
- Prioritize Governance and Process Orchestration Over Automated User Account Provisioning
- Experiment With Alternative Fulfillment Mechanisms
- Incorporate Analytics for Real-Time Risk Awareness
- Normalize IGA Processes, and Minimize Customizations
- Consider Cloud and Alternative Delivery Models
- Managed Identity Expansion
- More User Constituencies
- More Authoritative Sources
- More Managed Objects
- More Policies and Workflows
- More Target Systems
- More Fulfillment Mechanisms
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.