CSPs risk project failures with their customer management and billing systems when suppliers lack adequate services skills. Technology business unit leaders must obtain contractual supplier commitment for implementation, deployment and integration skills as CSPs become digital service providers.
- Verify Suppliers' Implementation and Deployment Skills, and Assure the Product's Ease of Integration
- Implementation Criteria Technology Business Unit Leaders Wished They Had Considered
- Integration Criteria Technology Business Unit Leaders Wished They Had Considered
- Contractually Commit to the Availability of Local and On-Site Staff and Resources
- Work Directly With the Supplier to Implement and Deploy the Solution, Rather Than Engaging a System Integrator
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.