Foundational technologies like TMS, WMS and network modeling tools enable logistics functions to mature, but many supply chain leaders responsible for logistics struggle to educate internal stakeholders about their benefits. This research outlines ways to go about it and gain internal buy-in.
- Gain Senior Management Support by Aligning the Business Case for Foundational Logistics Technologies With Corporate Goals
- Educate Internal Departments on the Tangible Benefits These Technologies Would Deliver to Their Roles and Day-to-Day Activities
- Use Gartner's Tools to Develop a Solid Business Case for the Required Logistics Technology
- Transport Management Systems
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Global Logistics Visibility
- Network Modeling Tools
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.