Driving Cost Optimization Across the Enterprise: An Executive Perspective
Published: 29 March 2018
Leaders across the business must connect cost optimization efforts to the organization's larger objectives. Gartner's research helps leaders in numerous business areas determine how they can work individually and together to optimize costs without undermining strategic objectives.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How can leaders achieve a baseline for cost optimization?
- How can leaders identify critical points in the budget to protect?
- How can leaders identify noncritical points to reduce or eliminate?
- How can leaders determine the right cost optimization approach for their needs?
- How can leaders communicate plans to stakeholders?
- Role Perspectives
- The Role of Customer Service and Support in Driving Cost Optimization
- The Role of Finance in Driving Cost Optimization
- The Role of Human Resources in Driving Cost Optimization
- The Role of Information Technology in Driving Cost Optimization
- The Role of Marketing in Driving Cost Optimization
- The Role of Supply Chain in Driving Cost Optimization
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.