The AIM market constantly benefits from the push from both business applications purchases and infrastructure investments. Technology strategic planners must focus their sales and marketing messaging around digital scenarios that are driving PaaS adoption.
- Companion Documents
- Digital Business Demands an Innovative Approach to Application Infrastructure
- PaaS (Specifically, aPaaS and iPaaS) Drives Cloud Adoption Within AIM Segments
- Open-Source Middleware Is Mainstream
- The API Economy Drives API Management
- Process Reinvention Is Key
- New Markets for the "Citizen Technologist" Are Emerging
- Pervasive Integration Is Emerging as an Agile, Cross-Boundary and Scalable Capability
- Company Adoption and Unit Adoption
- Functional Expansion and Unit Expansion
- Purchase Style and Purchase Style Installed Base
Market Model or Methodology
- Forecast Components
- On-Premises Forecast
- PaaS Forecast
- Subscription/Hosted Forecast
- OSS Forecast
- AIM Software Revenue Forecast
- Negotiated Factors
- Demand-Side Influencing Factors
- Company and Unit Adoption
- Purchase Style
- Functional Expansion
- Unit Expansion
- Replacement Cycle
- Buyer Behavior
- Macroeconomic and Regulatory Factors
- Supply-Side Influencing Factors
- Hardware and Software Technology Innovation
- Technology Roadmaps
- Product Design and Pricing
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.