Talent and skill shortages threaten the success of CEOs' digital business ambitions. Consulting technology business unit leaders can seize this opportunity by helping CEOs address short-term gaps and prepare their organizations and workforces for digital business success over the long term.
- Digital Business and Dexterity Are Keys to Success
- CEOs Recognize the Value in a Flexible Workforce
- Plugging the Digital Skills Gap
- Plugging the Digital Skills Gap in the Short Term Through Direct Provision of Talent
- Reducing the Digital Skills Gap in the Medium Term by Improving Efficiency
- Reducing the Digital Skills Gap in the Long Term Through Deskilling
Background and Context
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.