Healthcare delivery organizations struggle to assess true lifetime costs for electronic health records across the life cycle. CIOs can use this guide to accurately calculate total cost of ownership, reduce financial risk and provide clarity on investment needed to achieve ROI.
- Why TCO Is an Important Factor in Achieving a Successful ROI
- Develop a Comprehensive TCO Model by Including a Range of Generic and Vendor-Specific Costs Over the EHR Life Cycle
- Secure Commitment to the TCO Model as Part of the ROI and Change Impact Discussions at the C-Suite Level
- Negotiate More Favorable Terms by Using the TCO Model to Expose Variability on Key Factors Across Vendors
- Examples of Where the TCO Model Can Be Used in Negotiation of Final or Renewed EHR Contract Terms and Conditions
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.