Traditional corporate WAN and WLAN architectures are not well-matched to supporting real-time cloud voice and video Teams/SfBO requirements. Application leaders for UC need to rethink and reconfigure both their WAN and WLAN environments to deliver end-user performance.
- Performance Issues
- Teams Versus Skype for Business Online
- The Microsoft Network
- Secure a More Direct Connection to the Local Microsoft Network PoP by Adopting Local Traffic Egress Techniques
- Azure Express Route — Additional Option
- Treat Microsoft Teams/SfBO Traffic as "Trusted Traffic," Enabling It to Bypass the Full Corporate Security Stack
- Deploy SD-WAN to Connect Local Corporate Offices in Teams-Skype Environments to Secure Higher Reliability and Throughput
- Perform WLAN Connectivity, Capacity and Monitoring Assessments to Identify the Traffic Impact of Mobile Teams/SfBO
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.