Organizations should consider web content management vendor selections in the context of their overall digital business strategy. Application leaders in charge of WCM should use this eight-step framework to optimize selection process and improve the quality and fit of the WCM vendor shortlist.
- Gartner's Eight-Step Framework for Shortlisting WCM Vendors
- Step 1: Catalog Organizational Objectives
- Step 2: Translate Organizational Objectives Into Specific Outcomes and Metrics
- Step 3: Categorize Outcomes and Metrics Into Related Groups or Subsets
- Step 4: Link the Metric Groups to Components in a Solution Vision
- Step 5: Determine the Most Appropriate Solution Architecture to Support Your Vision
- Step 6: Match This Architecture to the Vendor Type
- Step 7: Highlight the Top Five Priorities That Will Influence Your Choice of Solution
- Step 8: Identify Vendors That Can Support Your Priorities and Architectural Needs
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.