Many tech providers acknowledge that they are struggling to keep their salespeople on target and on message. To improve sales performance, technology product marketing leaders in emerging providers should implement and structure a sales enablement program that will scale with their business.
- Buyer Expectations in the Sales Process Are Increasing
- Generic Sales Interactions Impede Growth
- Sales Enablement Is a Critical Competency in Driving Revenue and Growth
- The Foundation of a Successful Sales Enablement Function
- Identify Ownership of the Sales Enablement Effort
- Identify Who Will Participate, and Designate Responsibilities
- Design and Implement a Process Flow
- Revisit Your Sales Enablement Approach Regularly, and Retain Alignment Between Marketing, Sales and Product
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.