Kubernetes has become the leading container orchestration platform, and it introduces a steep learning curve for technical professionals. This document assesses the deployment of Kubernetes on existing infrastructure, focusing on its key preparation steps and impact on I&O.
- Kubernetes Architecture and Corresponding Administrative Roles
- Deployment Preparation
- Understanding Kubernetes Usage Patterns
- Planning Multitenant Deployments
- Deploying Kubernetes With On-Premises Infrastructure vs. on IaaS
- Selecting a Kubernetes Distribution
- Server Deployment
- Pod Network
- Load Balancing and Ingress Controllers
- Securing Cluster Servers
- Securing Cluster Networking
- Maintaining Container Security
- Managing Identity and Access
- Managing Secrets
- Storage Integration
- Infrastructure Management
- Automating Kubernetes Maintenance
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.