Live chat applications are an increasingly important engagement channel to help customers and improve their experience. Application leaders should consider six important steps to select the right live chat application for customer engagement.
- Identify All the Use Cases That Can Be Supported by Live Chat Within the Organization and Determine the Need for Both Reactive and Proactive Chat
- Inventory All Existing Customer Engagement and Knowledge Management Systems in the Organization That Live Chat Would Integrate With
- Determine the Need for Co-browse, Video Chat, Chatbots and Messaging to Understand If These Other Interaction Channels Will Be Used in Conjunction With Live Chat
- Examine the Different Pricing Models That Exist in the Market Based on the Preferred Deployment Option
- Ensure the Considered Live Chat Application Is Mobile-Ready and Customizable as per Corporate Branding, Agent Experience and Customer Experience Needs
- Assess the Analytics Functionality of the Live Chat Applications to Ensure They Can Aid Improvements in Customer Satisfaction
Gartner Recommended Reading