This research provides thought-provoking technology-related annual resolutions. CIOs should share them with their chief executive officers and provide advice around digital business transformation to drive growth.
9 CEO Information and Technology Resolutions for 2018
- Key Challenges
- Resolutions to Drive Digital Business Growth
- 1. Reassess Your Industry's Digital Future
- 2. Start Shifting Digital Transformation Focus From Proof of Concept to Scaling
- 3. Conduct a Digital Ecosystem and Platform Market Analysis
- Resolutions to Manage Digital Business Risk
- 4. Rehearse Executive Team Business Resilience
- 5. Reassert Total Tech Spend Control
- 6. Prepare Your Digital Transformation to Positively Exploit the Trough of Disillusionment
- Resolutions to Advance Digital Business Talent
- 7. Write an Explicit Statement of Your Company's Value Purpose to Attract Key Talent
- 8. Describe the Needed Digital Business Culture Shift
- 9. Review the Digital Leadership Team and Players
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.