Beyond the main CIO agenda for the year, this research provides ideas that CIOs can use to improve personal and team capabilities, amplify performance, and accelerate achievement.
CIO New Year's Resolutions, 2018
- Key Challenges
- Scaling Development Resolutions
- 1. I will prepare to deal with enterprise digital fatigue.
- 2. I will make business-resilience war games a habit in our enterprise.
- 3. I will make all IT communications the most beautiful in the company.
- Leadership Development Resolutions
- 4. I will take local entrepreneurs out to lunch monthly, and will bring three IT leaders along.
- 5. I will develop my team's cognitive diversity by sharing their thinking tools.
- 6. I will ensure that the executive committee directly experience a new technology every quarter.
- 7. I will introduce a new cultural behavior across IT, as well as a way to measure it.
- Personal Development Resolutions
- 8. I will build a partnership with a local community college, or a secondary or middle school.
- 9. I will take deeper learning courses in selected technologies.
- 10. I will maintain my brain and general fitness for business.
- 11. I will make time to directly experience a variety of new techs.
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.