Salesforce has the highest average subscription price for its core CRM applications. Gartner customer evaluations indicate Salesforce can be as much as twice the subscription price of its competition. We explore, for application leaders supporting CRM, when and when not to pay the price premium.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Salesforce's Brand Equity Provides a Level of Trust for Application Leaders Supporting CRM, but It Does Not Guarantee CRM Objectives Will Be Successfully Met
- Salesforce's Track Record of Innovation Delivers Good Value for Application Leaders Supporting CRM Who Are Trying to Stay in Front of the Technology Curve
- Salesforce's Proprietary Platform Scales Well for Simple to Complex Applications, Primarily Within B2B, but With a Certain Amount of Noncomplex B2C, Thus Improving Application Agility for Application Leaders Supporting CRM to Meet Changing Business Requirements
- Salesforce's Ecosystems, Especially Those Built on the Salesforce Platform, Enable Application Leaders Supporting CRM to Efficiently Fill CRM "White Space" in the Salesforce Application Footprint
- Salesforce's Deep Body of Product Documentation and Level of Customer Support Provides Certainty and a Level of Comfort for Application Management Initiatives
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.