The emergence of digital business, the demands of delivering a digital workplace, and the variety of devices and cloud delivery options demand a clear strategic plan aligned with business goals. I&O leaders must speed the modernization of applications, technologies and the skills that support them.
- Future State
- IT and LOB Leaders Will Work Together to Determine Demand and Opportunities When Defining Business Requirements and Outcomes
- There Will Be More and Different Endpoints (e.g., Mobile, IoT and Wearable Devices)
- IT Will Embrace New Management Models to Cope With New Endpoints and Different Ownership Models
- Users Will Access Relevant Applications and Services From Different Platforms Under Different Ownership and Management
- Analytics Drawn From Endpoint Management Tools Drive Automated Actions and Continuous Improvement
- Current State
- Gap Analysis and Interdependencies
- Migration Plan
- Higher Priority
- Medium Priority
- Lower Priority
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.