Successful digital business transformations depend on reliable, accurate marketing campaign performance data. Technical professionals responsible for CRM and customer analytics applications should use this framework to develop governance for campaign metadata when building marketing dashboards.
The Gartner Approach
The Guidance Framework
- Create a Multichannel Marketing Governance Team
- Step 1: Identify All the Contributors, and Define Tracking-Code Standards
- Step 1.1: Create a Contact List of All Digital Marketing Contributors
- Step 1.2: Define a Tracking-Code Schema — Google Analytics
- Step 1.3: Define a Tracking-Code Schema — Adobe Analytics
- Step 1.4: Provide a Tracking-Code Generation Tool to Marketing Teams
- Step 2: Implement Analytics for User Activity and ROI Measurement
- Step 2.1: Configurations for Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360 Suite
- Step 2.2: Configurations for Adobe Analytics
- Step 3: Create Campaign ROI Reports and Dashboards
- Step 3.1: Create Dashboards for Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360 Suite
- Step 3.2: Create Reports and Dashboards for Adobe Analytics
Risks and Pitfalls
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.