Enterprises are adopting new IT delivery models and applications that require fundamental network changes from device access to the network core. To improve the agility and rate of innovation of their networks, I&O leaders need to drive mindset changes toward agile processes and versatile people.
- The Digital Business Is Changing Network Requirements
- A New Culture Is Essential to Driving Innovation
- Use Cost Containment to Liberate Funding for Innovation
- A Strategic Network Roadmap
- Future State
- Operational Innovation for Digital Business Alignment
- Functional Innovation
- Cost Innovation
- Current State
- The Traditional MPLS WAN Isn't Optimized for the Cloud
- Public Cloud Networking and Private Cloud Networking Are Not Integrated
- IoT Employs Many Fragmented Wireless Technologies
- Real-Time Applications Continue to Grow; Legacy Voice Infrastructure Persists
- Data Center Networks Are Operated Manually
- Lack of an Enterprise Network Services Catalog
- The Network Is Slow to Change, but Expensive to Maintain
- Gap Analysis and Interdependencies
- Implementing a Cloud-Optimized WAN
- Achieving Better Network Agility in the Data Center
- Focus on Unique Requirements for IoT
- Delivering a Network Service Catalog
- Optimizing Budget Allocations Across Products and People
- Migration Plan
- Higher Priority
- Medium Priority
- Lower Priority
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.