Security and risk management leaders face a confusing array of tools that may not be appropriate for securing information in their environment and in the public cloud. Emerging data security governance frameworks align data governance, data security policies and tools.
- Align the Data Security Program With the Overall Enterprise Data Governance
- Develop Capabilities to Identify Sensitive Datasets and Audit the Full Enterprise Environment
- Orchestrate Rules Across Multiple Tools; One Tool or Control Rarely Addresses All Enterprise Data Security Risks
- Data Protection
- Discovery, Audit, Monitoring and Analytics
- Perform Periodic Gap Analyses in Your Enterprise Data Security Program to Address Business Goals and the Threat Landscape
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.