As leading online retailers continue to grow their share of the retail market, many others struggle to develop responsive supply chain strategies. Supply chain leaders responsible for customer fulfillment and collaboration need to take steps to excel at customer service and remain competitive.
- Identify and Focus Your Strategy on the Elements of Your Business Model That Can't Be Replicated by Online Competitors
- Don't Centralize Your Responsibility for Customer Experience
- Focus on Separating Shopping Chores From Enjoyment
- Credit Stores With Revenue From Online Sales
- Obtain a Portfolio of Digital Supply Chain Capabilities, by Identifying Areas of Weakness That Need to Be Strengthened
- Copy the Best Ideas Being Offered by Your Competitors
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.