Of the eight building blocks required for successful CRM, choosing and using the right metrics number among the most difficult to do correctly. Application leaders should focus on metrics that link business goals to what employees measure daily.
- Build a Hierarchy of Metrics Aligned to Business Outcomes
- Level One: Business Outcomes — Customer Centricity and CRM Maturity
- Level Two: Strategic Levers and Macro Performance
- Level Three: Operational Levers and Diagnostics
- Level Four: Tactical Levers and Optimization
- Do Not Confuse "What" They Are Doing With "How" They Are Doing
- Assess Your Maturity in Defining Metrics, Ensure They Are Contextual and Bear in Mind That Gathering Metrics Changes Behavior
- Use Metrics-Triggered Actions to Drive Process and Innovation
- Share Metrics and Performance Externally for Positive Impact on Brand Perception
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.