Application leaders looking to looking to design an application organization that maximizes the flexibility of their staff across projects should consider the internal system integrator model. This document identifies its pros and cons.
- Decide Whether the System Integrator Model Is Right for Your Organization
- The Operating Model and the System Integrator Organization
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- The Future of the Internal System Integrator
- Choose the System Integrator Model to Maximize Organizational Flexibility
- It's Not All About "Applications"
- Create Clear Lines of Accountability
- Separate Projects From Support
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.