Transition provides a window of opportunity to advance the role of IT in improving business innovation and outcomes. CIOs new to their position or to the organization will benefit from a well-engineered transition approach.
- Introduction: The Gartner Leaders in Transition Framework
- Mitigate Team Change Aversion
- Minimize Uncertainty
- Facilitate Team Alignment and Agility
- Build Stakeholder Relationships
- Develop Team Trust
- Establish Your Personal Brand
- Assess Operating Model, Governance and Organization Design
- Assess Your Talent Profile
- Assess Performance, Costs, Process Maturity and Cultural Alignment
- Clarify Priorities on Two Tracks: Operational and Strategic
- Address Enterprise IT Risk
- Address Other Risks in IT
- Measure Performance and Improvement
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.