Technology strategic planners should expect the global ECB storage market to decline at a 2.2% five-year CAGR, owing to the continued disruptive headwinds of maturing alternative technologies and impacts of software-hardware disaggregation.
- Companion Documents
- Market Segment Highlights
- Block-Access ECB Disk Hybrid Storage: Negatively Impacted by More Cost-Effective Alternatives
- ECB NAS: Alternative Solutions Will Cannibalize NAS Spending
- ECB SPDASS (aka "Object Storage"): A Fragmented Market, With Significant Upside Potential
- ECB SSA: A Dynamically Expanding Market
- Forces Impacting the ECB Market
- Hyperconverged Integrated Systems
- Infrastructure Software-Defined Storage
- Cloud Storage
- Regional Highlights
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific, Japan
- Influencing Factor: Technology Preference
- Influencing Factor: Economic, Geopolitical and Cultural Factors
- Influencing Factor: Regulation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.