Our homes are in the midst of a major experience upgrade, moving from being simply a connected home to an intelligent, proactive home. Technology product management leaders at connected home providers need to act now to use AI in their products to ensure their market-leading position.
Background and Context
- 2018 Priority: Recognize the Signals
- The Emergence of Niche Provider and Agile Established Player Movements
- Increasing Need to Bridge the Experience Gap to Become the Intelligent Home
- Users Signal Positive Future Embrace of the Automated Intelligent Home
- The Increasing Need to Orchestrate Data From Devices and Sensors in the Home
- The Move Toward New User Interfaces — the Move to Zero-Touch UI
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.