Technology product management leaders at wellness providers must design a superior consumer experience to ensure participant engagement. Deploy a comprehensive wellness approach that unlocks user data, supports behavior change and leads to results to serve diverse needs across the health ecosystem.
- Comprehensive Wellness Requires the Integration of Physical, Social and Mental Dimensions to Provide a Step Change in Value
- Most Technology and Service Providers Are Focused on Physiological Wellness
- Medical-Centric Responses Are Often One-Dimensional and Reductionist
- A Biopsychosocial Model Delivers Better Results
- Provide Value for Many Within the Ecosystem by Addressing More Needs via Partnerships
- Partner With Those Who Have Aligned Interests and Technologies
- Partner With Specialized Providers to Deliver Multidimensional Wellness
- Deliver a Personalized Experience by Leveraging Data and Technology
Background and Context
- Conditions Are Right for an Evolution in Approaches to Wellness
- There Are Deep Links Between Physical, Social and Mental Wellness
- There Is a Link Between Physical and Social Wellness
- There Is Also a Link Between Physical and Psychological Wellness
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.