The container management software market is adapting as Kubernetes becomes the de facto standard for container orchestration. Technology strategic planners should build plans to grow technology and vendor ecosystems, and prepare for the shift to the integrated IaaS, CaaS and PaaS model.
- Market Definition
- Competitive Situation and Trends
- Approaching Three Key Buyer Personas — Development, DevOps Teams and I&O
- Positioning as the Best Kubernetes-Based Solution
- Legacy Application Containerization Programs and Alliance
- Talent Acquisition
- Market Players
- The Future of Competition
- Vendor and Technology Ecosystem
- Shift to Integrated IaaS, CaaS and PaaS Model
- Windows Container Support for Legacy Application Containerization
- Unified Management in Edge Computing
- Competitive Profiles
- Pivotal Software-VMware
- Rancher Labs
- Red Hat
- References and Methodology
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.