Enterprise strategy, business models and I&T operating models serve different and complementary roles. This research describes how CIOs can use these constructs to guide coherent planning and execution of change.
- Digital Business Will Change Your Business Model, Your Strategy and Your Operating Model
- The Business Model Has Four Major Components
- The Strategy Describes What Path a Business Will Follow to Create Value Within the Context of the Business Model
- The I&T Operating Model Shows How Things Get Done
- Which Comes First: Business Model, Strategy or I&T Operating Model?
- Changes in Business Models, Strategy and the I&T Operating Model Are Reciprocal
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.