APIs are fundamental to your digital business technology platform, API economy, mesh app and service architecture, and integration. Application leaders responsible for architecture and infrastructure should adopt the mediated API pattern to protect, control and enhance these APIs.
- Direct Your Teams to Implement a Mediation Layer for Enforcing Policies
- Ask API Product Managers to Leverage the Mediated APIs Pattern to Offer Customized Experiences
- Encourage Your Teams to Explore Mediation Platforms to Connect Legacy and Packaged Applications
- The Mediation Layer Should Be Present in the Platform on Which the API Ecosystem Will Be Implemented
- Why Do Application Leaders Need to Include Mediation in Their Ecosystem Strategy?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.