SMBs' IT spending will be at a 4.2% CAGR in the next five years, led by IT service and software demands, and driven by digital business transformation. Technology strategic planners should identify the growth opportunity in the market by learning the unique IT requirements in their target segments.
- Companion Documents
- SMB Characteristics by Business Size
- Technology Trend
Market Model or Methodology
- SMB — Definition
- Data Center System
- IT Services
- Influencing Factors
- Enterprise Budgets
- Cost Reduction
- Regional Profile
- Technology Relevance and Applicability
- Buyer Behavior
- Level of Customization Required
- Enterprise Budgets > Enterprise Spending > End-Market Demand
- Cost Reduction > Capital Spending
- Regional Profile > Number of Businesses by Size
- Technology Relevance and Applicability > Maturity of Company > Capital Spending
- Buyer Behavior > Enterprise Budgets > Enterprise Spending > End-Market Demand
- Level of Customization Required > Buyer Behavior
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.