Established communications service providers are launching selected new adjacent offerings at an accelerated pace. Technology business unit leaders seeking to leverage this opportunity must give serious consideration to consumer rich media, as well as their role in cloud and the Internet of Things.
- Leading CSPs Continue to Accelerate New Service Growth
- Rich Media Still Leads Consumer Services
- Consumer Commerce Also Rising
- Enterprise IoT, Cloud and Analytics Offerings Rise
- Automotive and Healthcare Dominate Vertical Offerings
Background and Context
- CSPs in Rich Media Seek Large Revenue Streams, but Must Consider Partnership
- CSP Involvement in Cloud and IoT Is Key to Legacy Growth
- Security Concerns Highlight a Substantial Opportunity
- Mobility and Unified Communications Slowing as Sectors Mature
- Vertical Markets Will Not Provide a Quick Fix for CSPs
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.