Many TSPs around the globe say they are experiencing "long sales cycles." Gartner research shows exactly which aspects of widespread technology buying behavior are time-consuming and can delay or destroy revenue if not managed appropriately by technology business unit leaders in sales and marketing.
- How Do You Define "Long" Sales Cycles?
- Time-Consuming Buyer Behavior That Slows Sales Cycles
- Extensive Research Across Many, Diverse Sources
- Building and Rebuilding Business Cases
- Collaboration Across a Large, Diverse Team
- Resolving Issues and Objections
- Sales and Marketing Actions That Accelerate Sales Cycles
- Lead With Business Outcomes — Not Product Features
- Target "Mobilizers" Within the Buying Team
- Give Prescriptive Recommendations and Guidance at All Buying Stages
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.