Many technology providers still fail to communicate how their products can help meet the business of their customers. Technology product marketing leaders must arm their sellers with a method to convey role-based value propositions for the many diverse stakeholders involved in today's buying teams.
- The Starting Point Should Always Be Your Customer
- Step 1: Understand Your Target Customer's Industry-Specific Strategic Objectives
- Step 2: Identify the Functions and Roles Impacted by Your Offering
- Step 3: Understand Your Target Customer's Role-Specific Goals and KPIs
- Step 4: Map the Buyer's Specific Initiatives to KPIs and Your Offering's Business Impact
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.