Medicare Advantage provider directory accuracy rules continue to tighten, and purchasers in other segments will follow. Current provider network management applications won't allow payers to comply. CIOs must invest in new technology, provider data exchange standards and business processes.
- Inaccurate Provider Data Bedevils Payers
- CMS Medicare Advantage Oversight Forces Payer CIOs to Change Provider Data Models and IT Applications
- Work With Business Leaders to Continuously Improve Provider Data Accuracy Through Underlying Operational Processes
- Implement a Provider Engagement Hub to Coordinate Interactions
- Expand Provider Demographic Data Exchange Standards
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.